Saturday 2 February 2013

Gesture Time!

The gesture drawing sessions we did during our week with Niall Laverty were fun and extremely helpful - so we were really excited to see gesture sessions included in the soft value program! But for some reason they're not happening after all. That's when we decided to organise our own gesture drawing, the first time having taken place this afternoon.

We took turns posing for each other, three one-minute poses each, using props and focusing on expressiveness and acting. It was lots of fun and I can't wait for the next time! Here are my favourite drawings from the session. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there yet.





 
We also did poses with two people interacting. Those were two minutes each - in the beginning I spent way too long on one person so I didn't get to draw the other one.


No comments:

Post a Comment