Sunday 14 April 2013

Character Design - Part I: "Dr Frankenstein's Experimental Pet Shop"

    The past week we were introduced to new ways of generating ideas for character design and how to streamline those ideas into a finished concept for a character. It was lots of hard work and at times I felt frustrated over how stuck I am sometimes in artistic habits. Ultimately, though, I think I learned a lot and am excited to tackle new design challenges.

    There was an assignment that asked us to design two pets for "Dr Frankenstein's Experimental Pet Shop" in a photocollage style. I created the Frilled Dogfish and the Split-Tongued Splatterpurse, complete with Latin names, though I probably broke all grammar conventions. Click to read the descriptions!



      I'll add some details of my progress on the final assignment, so they'll get a separate post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment