Thursday 20 June 2013

Introduction to Maya

    Our three last days at school were rather relaxed as we were introduced to Maya software by Magnus Møller, who also taught our very first course of the year. He was as fun as ever!

    The first assignment we got with the words, "Now you guys know how to make shapes like cylinders and circles and deform them a bit... You're gonna go and make a character. You have, um... one hour. GO!" Lots of weird and funny results! This is mine.

Charming, isn't she?

    Tuesday and Wednesday we spent making full illustrations. Whew! Quite a challenge! I wasn't there during the lighting lecture because I had my end-year review, but I made do with shading with surface shaders, plus a few details in Photoshop.

 Damn, why are my wings so stubby?

     Not a masterpiece, but hey, I only just started. So far, Maya isn't as scary as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment