Monday 27 May 2013

My magic bullet: Fan art

   So it seems like my theory is true: the one thing that always cures a possible lack of motivation or enthusiasm for art-making is making fanart. For me, at least, it always works. I love fanart, it's one of the things that got me started back in the day when I used to scrawl the little mermaid onto every available piece of paper.

    It's also a nice way of revisiting old stories and characters that shaped my childhood. In this case, it's Will Vandom of W.i.t.c.h.. I grew up with those comics and still have about sixty issues lying around in my room, not to mention that Alessandro Barbucci is a genius (and Barbara Canepa too, of course).

   That said, this picture was quite spur of the moment for a DeviantArt contest. I don't think I have great chances (I'm the only one that didn't work in colour and with sparkles and stuff...) but I'm quite proud of it nevertheless, even though it's still very flawed. I had little time to spend on it (5-7h maybe?) but it was fun and I learned lots about lighting and rendering <3


   Now I feel like making pictures of all my childhood heroines, Sailor Moon, Mila, Lady Oscar, Mulan, die Wilden Huehner, Bibi Blocksberg... Maybe someday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment