Sunday 26 May 2013

Short Short Film: Player Two - Boot up your imagination

   So here it is: our first real film! A mere minute long including titles and credits, but it was a great challenge nevertheless. My team consisted of four CG artists (Bjørn, Casper, Mathias, Kristine) and three animators (Ben, Sofie and me). We had to work with random elements and aim for a child audience.



   It was a very daunting tasks and in hindsight I stressed out too much, but I'm quite happy with the end result, even if there's still room for improvement. (There always is.)

   The scenes I animated are these:
- the couch scene
- the montage with scissors and sticky tape (thanks to Sofie for clean-up assistance on the sticky tape!)
- the over-the-shoulder running scene (I also composited the moving background in collaboration with Bjørn who did the layouts :) )
- the logo

   Looking back, I'm amazed at how much I have managed to do within a mere two weeks. Animating all these things as well as cleaning/colouring them. It has given me a new perspective on myself as an animator and given me a lot of confidence as to what I can achieve within a relatively short amount of time, which helped me with our collaboration with La Poudriére this week.
 
  That's it for now, but there shall be outtakes AKA my favourite crazy frames :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment